PermEntry Step Unit
- Provide truck access to within 10’ of the center of the PermEntry unit.
- Foundation footing and opening should be level, plumb, and square.
- Width of opening in foundation wall should be 40” maximum for all sizes.
- Ensure proper soil drainage at base of unit. A footing drain to day light is recommended.
- When foundation is backfilled, leave minimum work area for PermEntry installation as shown.
- Basement floor or equivalent slab should be poured in the concrete wall.
- Hold foundation tar coating back a minimum of 12” on each side of opening.
How to Measure:
- Properly backfill and compact excavation area with clean, suitable fill and/or stone.
- NEVER USE CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS and NEVER backfill higher than 2” below the top of the concrete casting.
- Final grade should be adjusted to leave 2”-6” of casting above finished grade, immediately slope grade away from the PermEntry unit in all directions.
- Avoid locating down spouts or sump discharge near the PermEntry unit.
- An insulated vertical door at the bottom of the stairs is recommended to reduce heat loss in the home.
- A finish coat of alkyd metal enamel in a light color must be applied to all metal surfaces inside and out. Do not use an oil based wood paint.