Exterior Flatwork Finisher Certification Exam
Thursday, March 4, 2021 @ Masters Concrete Products | 944 Underwood Road, Olyphant, PA 18447
This course, brought to you by the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA), is being administered by NRMCA’s Local Sponsoring Group, the Pennsylvania Aggregates and Concrete Association (PACA).
It is designed to train concrete finishers to place, finish and cure exterior air entrained concrete to provide a durable surface for concrete that is exposed to moisture and periods of freezing and thawing.
The certification requires knowledge in the following areas of concrete construction:
- Concrete required for exterior flatwork
- Placing and finishing concrete
- Curing concrete
- Types of surface problems and their causes
Workbook for NRMCA Certification of Concrete Exterior Flatwork Finisher (included in cost of course)
The NRMCA Concrete Exterior Flatwork Finisher Certification is awarded to an individual who has completed the following certification criteria:
- Attending this training course offered by PACA.
- Successful completion of the written exam based on the content of the training course and text. Passing is 70%.
- Successful completion of the performance evaluation while placing, finishing and curing exterior flatwork.
- 7:00 AM - Registration
- 7:30 AM - Presentation and Written Test Review
- 10:30 AM - 1-Hour Timed Written Exam
- 11:30 AM - Lunch at Performance Exam Site (provided)
- 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM - Concrete Placement with Performance Checklist
- Please bring your own finishing tools, curing compound & personal protection equipment for the performance evaluation.
COST OF EXAM
Failure of the examination by either of the examination pass criteria requires reexamination of the entire exam.